- 6 pieces Thawed chicken, skinned (whatever portions you like)
- 2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 2 tsp Masala (Tandoori paste is available)
- to taste Red pepper powder
- Dash Garlic powder
- to taste Salt
- 1 tsp Ground jeera
- Soy sauce (or yogurt)
- If you are using the ready made tandoori paste then life is a lot easier. Replace all occurrences ofmasala and soy sauce (or yogurt) with the tandoori paste.
- Take the chicken and make *deep* cuts in it (so that the Masalas seeps in quickly). If you areusing soy sauce as the base, put some on the chicken pieces and let it seep in the cuts.
- Rub in the Masalas as a mixture or one at a time. The idea is to let the Masalas seep in the cutswith the soy sauce. You can leave it for little while to seep in.
- If you are using yogurt, you'll get a more authentic taste since the original TC is after all marinatedin it. In this case, mix the Masalas in the yogurt first and then rub the stuff into the chicken cuts asbefore. The yogurt tends to leave a considerable amount of water behind. DON'T THROW THISAWAY. Let it evaporate in the oven with the chicken. This will keep the pieces from getting dryif over-cooked.
- Cook the chicken until it starts turning brown. and the cuts you made start "expanding."