Chicken with Peaches and Basil
This is wonderful when peaches are fresh and in season, but canned peaches can be used when necessary.
- 4 Boneless Chicken Breast Slices
- 2 Fresh Peaches
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 1 Onion, Chopped
- Zest of 1 Lemon (1/4 Tsp.)
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Basil Leaves, Chopped
- Brush Chicken with Egg. In a large frying pan, sauteover a medium heat in Butter, until done,approximately 30 minutes. Turn over a couple oftimes to cook both sides evenly through. Remove toa temporary dish.
- Peel and slice the peaches.
- Pour Water into frying pan. Add Peaches, Onions andLemon Zest. Cook, stirring until thickened. Stir inBasil and Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Place Chicken in serving dish and pour sauce over it.Serve with Rice.
* Variation: Dredge Chicken in Flour afterbrushing with egg.Use Shallots instead of onions.Use Chicken Broth instead of Water. Use1 small can of peaches instead of freshpeaches.