Lemon Basil Sorbet
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest, divided
- 1½ cups packed fresh basil (if a stronger basil flavor is wanted, use 2 cups)
- pinch salt
- 3 cups fresh lemon juice
- Prepare a lemon simple syrup with the water, sugar and1½ tablespoons of the lemon zest by combining all threein a medium saucepan set over medium-low heat.
- Cook mixture until the sugar is fully dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Once the simple syrup is ready, add the basil and salt. Let the mixture steep for 30 minutes. Stir in the lemonjuice. Cover and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours, or overnight.
- Strain the chilled mixture through a fine mesh strainer. Turn on the Cuisinart® ice cream maker; pour the mixtureinto the frozen freezer bowl and let mix until thickened, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- When the sorbet is almost done, add the reserved zest through the opening on top of theice cream maker and let churn until combined. The sorbet will have a soft, creamy texture.
- If a firmerconsistency is desired, transfer the sorbet to an airtight container and place in freezer for about 2 hours.
- Remove from freezer about 15 minutes before serving.
If you love it, please share it:
You might also like:
Dark Chocolate SorbetVegetarian
Please leave your thoughts on this recipecomments powered by Disqus