Pumpkin Cheese Cake
This lovely cake has that smooth and velvety texture that only cheesecakes can have, while at the same time having the subtle flavor of pumpkin and its complementary spices.
- 225g/8oz digestive biscuits
- 60g/2oz butter
- juice and zest 1 lemon
- 340g/12oz cooked pumpkin (steamed or roasted)
- 225g/8oz caster sugar
- 450g/1lb cream cheese
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2.5g/½ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 eggs
- 90ml/3fl oz double cream
- 90ml/3fl oz natural yoghurt
- Heat the oven to 170C/325F/Gas 3.
- Bash the digestive biscuits into crumbs. Melt the butter over a low heat and mix in the biscuit crumbs and lemon zest. Lightly grease a 25cm/10in loose-bottomed cake tin and press the crumbs into the base and up the sides slightly.
- Mix together the cream cheese, pumpkin flesh, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg until smooth. Beat the eggs and fold into the pumpkin mixture. Turn into the tin and bake in the oven for 90 minutes until the surface is set but the underneath still slightly squidgy.
- Take the cheesecake out of the oven and let it cool in the tin. When cool, turn it on to a serving plate, cover with foodwrap and chill overnight.
- Whip the double cream until thick and fold in the yoghurt and the lemon juice. Spread over the top of the cheesecake and serve at room temperature.
If you love it, please share it:
You might also like:
Please leave your thoughts on this recipecomments powered by Disqus