- 30 wanton skins
- cooking oil for frying
- 6 oz ground pork
- 4 oz or 1/2 can water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 1 tsp water
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cooking wine
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- Mix together all the ingredients for filling, mix until meat and waterchestnuts are well blended. Divide into 30 portions.
- Put 1 tsp of filling in the middle of a wanton skin.
- Fold the skin diagonally in half to form a triangle.
- Fold the edge containing the filling over about 1/2-inch.
- Bring the two points together, moist one inner edge and pinch the edges together to hold. Repeat with remaining wanton.
- Heat a wok with 1 1/2-inch cooking oil.
- Deep-fry the wantons over medium heat until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve. Makes 30 wantons.
If you love it, please share it:
Please leave your thoughts on this recipecomments powered by Disqus